Kimberley Cruise Centre takes the privacy of your personal information very seriously. Find out what information Kimberley Cruise Centre collects about you, and how it may be used.
Kimberley Cruise Centre respects the privacy of the users of our website. This Statement of Privacy applies to the Kimberley Cruise Centre website and outlines data collection and usage.
Kimberley Cruise Centre is bound by new sections of the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988, which set out a number of principles concerning the protection of personal information.
This Privacy Statement specifically relates to personal information that you provide to us through our website, telephone or through enquiry/booking communications.
How personal information is collected:
Kimberley Cruise Centre collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, such as when you enter your personal details on the websites – e.g. during a booking/enquiry request;
- when you provide information by telephone or in documents such as an email, fax or letter;
- from third parties such as retail Travel Agents,
- the leader of your travel party.
What personal information is collected:
The type of personal information we collect and store will depend on what products and services you request from us. This may include:
- personal information you give us when you request a product or service from us. This information may include your intended travel dates, place of arrival or departure, flight number/s, destinations and whether you are an adult, senior, concession or a child;
- personal information you give us when you make a travel booking. This information may include your name, address, telephone numbers, e-mail address, credit card details;
- special dietary requirements that are to be advised to suppliers where meals are included;
- passenger body weights for scenic flight bookings, which is a requirement of the Civil Aviation Safety Authority, and other tour operators where passenger body weights are limited; and
- communications between you and us and general information/correspondence about your use of our services and the products we have arranged for you (for example your feedback on how you enjoyed your holiday).
How personal information may be used:
Personal information is collected so that Kimberley Cruise Centre can use it for its business functions and activities which include:
- processing your holiday/tour bookings request or enquiry;
- being aware of any special holiday/tour requirements you may have;
- providing you with confirmation of your holiday/tour bookings and advising you of any changes to your itinerary;
- confirming your identity for documentation despatch or collection;
- answering any queries you may have;
- addressing any feedback or complaints you may have; and
- any purposes for which it was requested and directly related purposes, and developing, improving and marketing our products and services.
If you do not provide the requested personal information, Kimberley Cruise Centre may be unable to do one or more of the above (including being unable to accept any holiday/tour booking).
The personal information collected may also be used to promote and inform you of other services which we consider may be of great interest to you. Should we do this, you may notify us at any time that you do not wish to receive marketing or promotional material by emailing or by calling us on 1800 677 830. At which time no further correspondence will be sent which generally informs you of products or services.
Exchange of personal information with third parties:
Your personal information will NEVER be provided or sold to any third parties for their marketing/promotional use.
The personal information collected from you may, however, be disclosed:
- to holiday/tour service providers such as, but not limited to, accommodation providers, tour operators, car rental companies, in order to facilitate your holiday/tour bookings or enquiry;
- to others that you have been informed of at the time any personal information (or can reasonably be assumed to be required to be exchanged to third parties) is collected from you;
- to our business associates and others for purposes directly related to the purpose for which the personal information is collected;
- to any entity to which we are required or authorised by or under law to disclose such information (for instance, Federal or State law enforcement agencies and investigative agencies, courts, various other Federal or State government bodies);
- to our professional advisors and other contractors (for example IT consultants and mailing houses); or
- with your consent (express or implied), to others.
We may also obtain personal and other information from some or all of the above to enable us to provide our services or products to you. When we obtain personal and other information from third parties whom we are referred to by you, we will assume and you will ensure that you have made that third party aware of the referral of the persons and purposes involved in the collection, use and disclosure of the relevant personal or other information.
The Kimberley Cruise Centre website, www.kimberleycruises.com, may record other information as well, as is common with most business websites. This information is used to improve the structure and performance of the websites to provide users with an improved service. Whenever a page is requested from our web server, we record the time, date and URL of the request, along with information on the browser software that is being used.
Kimberley Cruise Centre gathers usage information from its website and other websites. This is aggregated for reporting purposes. Personally identifiable characteristics are removed and users remain anonymous. This data is gathered by us to examine Internet trends and keyword searches and to assist in improving the structure and ease of use of our websites.
Accuracy of Information:
Kimberley Cruise Centre takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of the information we hold depends to a large extent on the information you provide.
Security of your information:
Kimberley Cruise Centre takes reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is stored securely and accurately.
Please note that this Privacy Statement may change from time to time.
You can contact Kimberley Cruise Centre through the normal means shown on our Contacts page.