Coral Geographer: Kimberley Cruise
As a sister ship to Coral Adventurer (which was launched April 2019), the Coral Geographer will remain true to the nature of authentic expeditions. When designing the next generation of ships, Coral Expeditions resisted the trend to go large and glitzy so they can remain small enough to go to untouched places, focusing on bringing small numbers of like-minded guests closer to nature and cultures with personal attention and professional Australian service. The 120-passenger ship will feature the same state-of-the-art specifications and expedition features as the Adventurer, however due to popular demand, she will have an increased number of 6 bridge deck suites with horizon bathtubs. Construction is well under way and we look forward to providing you regular updates on her build and future sailing schedule.
- Two trademark Xplorer tenders seat all passengers and facilitate comfortable shore excursions
- Six zodiacs for more intrepid exploration
- Lecture lounge for daily expedition briefings and expert presentations
- Small onboard library featuring books on destinations and wildlife
- Shallow draft and advanced navigation and propulsion systems allowing access to locations closed to large cruise ships
The 10-night Kimberley cruise takes you on an unforgettable journey from Darwin to Broome (or vv). Expert guides interpret ancient rock art, and retrace the history of Phillip Parker King who first charted this spectacular coastline 200 years ago. Later in the season, witness the Humpback Whales on their migration.
Board a Zodiac and touch the spray from the magnificent King George River and its towering 80-metre twin falls. Join an expert guide to learn about the history of the ancient Wandjina and Gwion Gwion rock paintings. Witness waterfalls cascading off Montgomery Reef as it rises out of the ocean on the ebbing tide, whilst discovering the reef’s diverse marine life.
- Experience the thrill of riding the Horizontal Falls in inflatable Zodiac tender vessels
- Get up close to Montgomery Reef and discover the tidal reef’s diverse marine life
- Experience King George River and 80m tall twin King George Waterfalls
- Cruise the Prince Regent River to the ‘hanging garden’ King Cascades waterfall
- Visit Indigenous rock art galleries and learn about ancient Wandjina and Gwion Gwion art
- Spot native wildlife and birdlife in their natural habitat
- View the Kimberley landscape by air on a scenic helicopter flight to Mitchell Falls (additional cost)
- Enjoy sunset canapes and drinks on the beach as dusk settles over the Kimberley
The Coral Geographer features all outside-facing guest cabins with ensuite bathrooms; the majority have a private balcony. Our active stabilisers dampen sea motion whilst travelling on your voyage. Coral Geographer also features a well equipped gym, passenger elevator and Wi-Fi in all areas (at cost) for guest comfort.
Meet like minded explorers during single seating dining, with communal table serves for breakfast and lunch, and multi-course table d’hote dinners. The showcase galley allows for viewing as our chefs create fresh small-batch cuisine featuring Australian and local produce. There are multiple indoor and outdoor bars, including our Explorer Bar on the sundeck for sunset drinks, and a curated wine cellar featuring boutique wines and exceptional vintage Australian red.
- BRIDGE DECK BALCONY SUITE
- EXPLORER DECK BALCONY STATEROOM
- PROMENADE DECK STATEROOM
- CORAL DECK STATEROOM
- DECK PLAN
BRIDGE DECK BALCONY SUITE• 37.5sqm • Private Balcony
Our six Bridge Deck Suites are spacious and elegant retreats after a busy day ashore. Suites are equipped with a lounge area, minibar and personal coffee machine. They have special Junior King sized beds. An 3.5 sq m private balcony has an outdoor daybed and lounge chair for two. A unique outside-facing bathroom with horizon bath completes the experience. A complimentary minibar is replenished daily. Suite guests will also be able to enjoy their preferred selection of any Australian sparkling, white or red wine on our list complimentary at lunch and dinner meal periods.
EXPLORER DECK BALCONY STATEROOM• 21.4sqm • Private Balcony
Our Explorer Deck staterooms are comfortably furnished with a junior king size bed which can be separated into two singles. Your private balcony has seating for two.
PROMENADE DECK STATEROOM• 17sqm • Picture window
Promenade Deck Staterooms are located below the Explorer Deck and are furnished with a junior king size bed which can be separated into two singles. A large picture window gives you wide views of the world outside.
CORAL DECK STATEROOM• 17sqm • Porthole window
Coral Deck Staterooms are located below the Promenade Deck and furnished with a junior King size bed which can be separated into two singles. A wardrobe, desk and armchair are included. The compact ensuite has a toilet, shower and ample storage. A porthole window gives you views of the world outside.
- Single seating dining with communal table serves buffet breakfast and lunch, and multi-course table d’hote dinners
- Showcase galley with viewing window creating fresh small-batch cuisine featuring Australian and local produce
- Multiple indoor and outdoor bars, including our Explorer bar on the sundeck for sunset drinks
- Curated wine cellar featuring boutique wines and exceptional vintage Australian reds